The mud is soft and wet.
Last weekend the 2017 North American rock festival season official kicked off with Welcome to Rockville in Jacksonville, Florida and Fort Rock, in Fort Myers, Florida and to be honest, it could not have arrived soon enough for our taste.
Welcome to Rockville was jam packed with killer bands for young and old(ish), heavy as hell or radio friendly rockers alike. With a lineup of Def Leppard, A Perfect Circle, Mastodon, Gojira, Beartooth, and many, many more, how could a killer time not be had by all?
This weekend is Carolina Rebellion in Charlotte, North Carolina, while Welcome to Rockville is two days, Carolina Rebellion adds a third day of fun. The lineup for all of the festivals are pretty similar with a few changes here or there, but the third day allows Carolina Rebellion to add another headliner, which is always amazing. They were able to snag Avenged Sevenfold for the third headliner and I can tell you from experience, that 1) AX7 puts on an amazing show, 2) you have not experienced an AX7 show until you’ve experienced it at a huge festival, and 3) there is nothing more intense and insane than an AX7 pit at a festival!
Next weekend (May 13 & 14) is Northern Invasion in Somerset, Wisconsin which switches out the other festivals headliner Soundgarden with Kid Rock.
Then comes a personal favorite, Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio. Which we will be attending (come say hi if you are there, we will be handing out some free stuff before gates open and during the show), not only because it is a tradition, but Metallica is headlining on Sunday (seriously, how the fack is that even a thing?!?!). And if you know our work at all, you know that Mark Bilek (BRM co-founder) is a Metallica fanboy (James if by some miracle you read this, Mark is literally your biggest fan and he would never wash his hand if you were to shake it).
The rest of the Monster Energy managed or sponsored rock festival dates are as follows:
- Rocklahoma: May 26, 27 & 28 in Pryor, OK
- The Bud Light River City Rockfest: May 27 in San Antonio, TX
- Rockfest: June 3 in Kansas City, MO
- Rock Fest XVII: July 13, 14 & 15 in Cadott, WI
- Chicago Open Air: July 14, 15 & 16 in Chicago, IL
- High Elevation: September 22 & 23 in Denver, CO
- Aftershock: October 21 & 22 in Sacramento, CA
- Blackest of the Black: May 26 & 27 in Silverado, CO
- Rock USA: July 13, 14 & 15 in Oshkosh, WI
- Vans Warped Tour: June 16 through August 6 in a city near you
- Summerfest: June 28 through July 9 in Milwaukee, WI
- Lollapalooza: August 3, 4, 5 & 6 in Chicago, IL
- Psycho in Las Vegas: August 18, 19 & 20 in Las Vegas, NV
- Riot Fest: September 15, 16 & 17 in Chicago, IL
- Dirt Fest: Dates pending in Pontiac, MI